Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Cypress Grove AM Arrival Procedures
Doors open and breakfast begins at 7:50 a.m. Any students arriving prior to 7:50 a.m. should wait on the east side of campus under the breezeway.
**In the case of inclement weather, it is not guaranteed that students will be allowed in the building prior to 7:50 a.m. Please plan accordingly.**
School starts at 8:25 a.m., and students arriving after 8:25 a.m. will be marked tardy.
The first bell to send students to class rings at 8:17 a.m.
- Walkers- Students should enter the building on the west side cafeteria doors. Students use sidewalks and crosswalks.
- Bike riders- Always use the sidewalks and crosswalks that are provided. Students should dismount their bicycle as they make their way on to the campus grounds. Once they have secured their bicycle in the bike rack located adjacent to the west side entrance, immediately enter the building through the west side cafeteria door.
Utilize the east side car drop off (opposite faculty parking), continue down the drive as far forward as possible before allowing your child to exit the vehicle. All students will enter through the 6th grade hallway doors. Try to make every effort to have your child exit the vehicle from the driver’s side. It is imperative that your child is prepared to exit the vehicle quickly and safely with all necessary items already in hand (lunches, instruments, and backpacks).
We aim to unload about 10 cars at a time for a more efficient drop-off, so have your child exit the vehicle once your vehicle has made it to the breezeway when traffic has stopped. Faculty members will be on the porch and at the 6th-grade door, but please do not wait for someone to open your child’s door. If your child is not ready to exit when traffic begins to move, pull all the way forward past the lane barriers so that other cars may exit the drive.
Cypress Grove PM Pick-up Procedures
School is dismissed at 3:50 p.m.
*Walkers and Bike Riders will exit through the west side (faculty lot); please use the provided sidewalks and crosswalks.
- When picking up a car rider please utilize the east side car drop off (opposite faculty parking). You will be provided a nameplate to display in your car’s dash; please have this out upon entering the car line. All vehicles are to start in two lanes and merge into one lane of traffic for student pick-up. Continue down the drive, and pull as far forward as possible. A staff member will be stationed near the building to communicate your name to a staff member under the breezeway. The students will be instructed to walk to a pick-up station that is designated by a number that is located on the post. If at all possible, please have your children enter the vehicle from the driver’s side. As you pull out of pick-up line, be aware of oncoming traffic.
- The front entrance is to be used for bus pick-up and administrative office business only.
- Please drive SLOWLY through the campus and be patient with students, staff, and other parents.
- Follow all directives from the teachers on duty.
- At 4:10 p.m., any remaining students will be moved to the front entrance for pick-up.
**If you will be dropping off or picking your child up, all cars will drive through the circle drive on the east side of the school. Buses will drop off and pick up at the front of the school. Please see the map below for instructions on car traffic flow.
Also, please realize that on the first day of school, the parking lots will be full of people parking their cars and walking their children into school. You may want to plan accordingly if you have a tight schedule. PLEASE DO NOT BLOCK THE DROP-OFF AREA IN FRONT OF THE SCHOOL. I hope to limit the confusion and traffic congestion as much as possible on a daily basis.