Arrival and Dismissal Procedures
Check out our Drop Off/Pick Up Procedure Videos below.
Drop Off/Pick Up Important Reminders Video
Drop Off Procedures Video
Pick Up Procedures Video
Walker/Bike Rider Video
Dear Parents and Students,
Welcome to Cypress Grove and the 2015-2016 school year! Please review our morning arrival and afternoon dismissal procedures for car riders. Following these procedures will assist us in ensuring your child’s safety. Please be patient during the first few weeks of school; the car-rider line will move more quickly as students and parents learn what to do.
Cypress Grove AM Arrival Procedures
Doors open and breakfast begins at 7:45 a.m. Any students arriving prior to 7:45 a.m. should wait on the east side of campus under the breezeway.Students are NOT supervised prior to 7:45 a.m.
**In the case of inclement weather, students MAY be allowed in the building early if a teacher or administrator is available. Please be aware that this may not always be possible, so please plan accordingly.**
Students arriving after 8:20 a.m. will be marked tardy.
1. Walkers- Students should enter the building at the cafeteria entrance door. Students use sidewalks and crosswalks.
2. Bike riders- Always use the sidewalks and crosswalks that are provided. Students should dismount their bicycle as they make their way on to the campus grounds. Once they have secured their bicycle in the bike rack located adjacent to the west side entrance, immediately enter the building through the cafeteria entrance door.
3. Car riders- Please utilize the east side car drop off (opposite faculty parking). Students may not be dropped off at the front entrance.
a. Form 2 lanes of traffic until the lanes merge at the curve. Please be courteous to others who are dropping off and mindful of student safety.
b. Continue down the drive as far forward as possible before allowing your child to exit the vehicle. Try and make every effort to have your child exit the vehicle from the driver’s side. It is imperative that your child be prepared to exit the vehicle quickly and safely with all necessary items already in hand (lunches, instruments, and backpacks).
c.All car riders (including 5th graders) will enter the building through the 6th grade hallway doors.
d. Do not drop off students prior to the first set of double doors (5th grade hallway doors). In the mornings, up to approximately 10 cars at a time may drop off students. (**Note: This is a slight change from last year, so please be aware).
e.Please drive safely while on campus and follow directions as given by the faculty members on duty. Please refrain from cell phone use while in your vehicle on campus (inside the school zone).
Cypress Grove PM Dismissal Procedures
School is dismissed at 3:45 p.m.
Walkers and Bike Riders-Walkers and Bike Riders will exit through the west side (faculty lot). Please use the provided sidewalks and crosswalks.
1. When picking up a car rider please utilize the east side driveway (opposite faculty parking).
2. You will be provided a name plate to display in your car’s dash or visor; please have this out upon entering the car line.
3. Form two lanes of traffic until the lanes merge at the curve.
4. Continue down the drive, and pull as far forward as possible. A staff member will be stationed near the building to communicate your name to a staff member under the breezeway.
5. The students will be instructed to walk to a pick-up station that is designated by a number on the pillar and driveway. Students will be picked up at numbers 1-5 only.
6. If at all possible, please have your children enter the vehicle from the driver’s side. As you pull out of pick-up line, be aware of traffic in front of you.
7. Please drive SLOWLY through the campus.
8. Follow all directives from the teachers on duty. Please refrain from cell phone while in the car rider line (inside the school zone).
9. At 4:00 p.m., any remaining students will be moved to the front entrance for pick-up.
Students should not be picked up at the front entrance of the school. Parents should not pick up students by parking and walking to the car rider line rather than getting into the car rider line.
Please make every effort to communicate a change in pick up method to your child prior to the end of the school day.